Mobile Developer, Android
UrbanThings have a unique opportunity for a mobile developer to shape our public transport and ticketing apps, powering millions of passenger journeys.
This is a chance to join a skilled mobile development team at the cutting edge of transport apps and m-ticketing. You’ll be working to maintain and update our existing code base and helping to build out bleeding-edge features for new products such as beacon and NFC-based travel. You’ll gain exposure to new code patterns and modern constructs, including Kotlin and Rx.
If you have at least two years professional experience with mobile development and you’re ready to take things to the next level, this is for you. You’ve written your own apps, perhaps even published them on the Play Store. You have a genuine passion for mobile and the Android platform. You're comfortable working in a small team and capable of delivering high-quality maintainable code.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of one of London’s fastest-growing startups. Come and join us!
- 2+ years Android development in Java using Android Studio
- Good exposure to previous Android SDK versions
- Understanding of Material Design principles and guidelines
- Used MVP or similar design pattern to build Android apps
- Experience building layouts & screens using XML, Fragments & custom views
- Solid understanding of the approaches to building apps for various screen sizes and SDK versions
- Understanding of multithreaded programming concepts, with experience of applying them to Android development.
- A working knowledge of the wider Android eco system, including first party libraries, and well known open source libraries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- Some experience with Kotlin
- Knowledge of RxJava 2.0
- Experience with Google Maps SDK
- Gradle build configuration
- Automated testing with Espresso
- Experience with BLE and/or HCE
- General Development
- Git version control
- Unit testing (JUnit or similar)
- Working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience working in an Agile team